Tougher than Tough Enough. The SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna is small, tough and useful. As a GNSS rover system or as a base station, the SPS986 does it all.
Trimble SPS986 With Tilt Compensation
Construction surveyors can capture accurate points without leveling the pole to work faster and safer.
Features and Benefits
Rugged, All-In-One Solution
- Combines unprecedented strength and durability into a compact form that is easy to use and virtually indestructible
- The most rugged receiver Trimble has ever built, so you won’t experience downtime with equipment that doesn’t work
- Sensor onboard shows verticality on field controller screen; in the dark or hard to reach locations, work more efficiently and save time when you can’t easily see the rod bubble
- Longer battery life in the field; keep working longer
Using the Trimble SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna with tilt compensation and Trimble FieldLink Software, capture accurate points while standing, walking or driving the site in a vehicle, while the receiver is not level. From inside the vehicle, contractors can set the height of the antenna and quickly interrogate surface models using the real-time 3D surface display. Tilt compensation allows for faster data collection—create larger digital terrain models faster and with improved accuracy.
Advantages of Tilt Compensation
- Easy to learn for beginners, saves time for experienced surveyors
- Easily and safely survey hard to reach areas (corners, traffic lanes, utility flowlines)
- From a moving vehicle, capture higher accuracy measurements on steeper slopes
- Capture more accurate volume measurements to save time and money on material planning
- Auto-measure antenna height
- Faster measurements, more efficient stake-outs
- No magnetic interference
- Can be easily moved from carrying case to range pole, tripod, t-bar, or vehicle with a single click
- Easier and faster to get going and allows for more flexibility of operation techniques
Trimble ProPoint Technology
Trimble ProPoint GNSS technology uses all available signals to provide survey-grade positioning in many areas where other GNSS systems either can’t provide a solution at all or produce unreliable error estimates.
The SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna can utilize more GNSS constellations, satellites, and signals than traditional GPS, so it delivers greater accuracy in more challenging conditions such as under tree canopy and in congested construction sites. That also means more uptime using the system and more productivity for job crews.
The SPS986 is powered by advanced Trimble R-Track technology and the following satellite systems and correction sources:
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and BeiDou Navigation Satellite System
- Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) such as WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, and QZSS
- Precision GNSS base station (RTK corrections)
- DGPS using UHF radio links (RTCM)
- Virtual Reference Station (VRS)
The Trimble FieldLink software with the SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna is ideal for:
- Measuring and verifying original ground levels and site features
- Construction site set-out
- Monitoring real-time cut/fill information
- Computing progress and material stockpile volumes
- Monitoring, and conducting quality control for earthworks and paving operations
- Assessing as-built measurements and generating high quality reports for approvals and payment
- Recording tilt data when taking measurements
SPS986 GNSS Smart Antenna