BuildingPoint SketchUp comes out on top at the APAC 2023 Awards
BuildingPoint SketchUp recently won some awards at the APAC 2023 Conference in Thailand, so we asked Hector Sarmiento, Technical Account Manager, to go into a bit more detail about SketchUp and what his thoughts on the software are.
It’s a great honour to be recognised as one of the top SketchUp distributors in the Asia Pacific region. This recognition is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the entire BuildingPoint SketchUp team.
In Hectors world, no two days are ever the same, and he would assist at least 3 – 10 customers per day, depending on the purpose of their enquiry, whether it be support, training, or purely selling.
“I really enjoy talking to, helping people, and showing them the different applications and benefits of SketchUp.”
I live and breathe SketchUp! I first started using it in 2008 when Google owned it, and during my designer days, SketchUp was my go-to software in all the projects I was involved with from retail to interior design and architectural design.
SketchUp is becoming increasingly popular in Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
It’s such a versatile 3D design software that can be used for a wide range of applications, not only in the building industry, but also in the civil and surveying industries.
SketchUp can help your business
There are several ways SketchUp can help businesses such as:
- Improve communication and collaboration: SketchUp’s 3D models can be easily shared with clients and colleagues, which help improve communication and collaboration on projects
- Increase productivity: The SketchUp easy-to-use interface and powerful tools help increase productivity
- Win more projects: SketchUp 3D models can be used to create high-quality presentations and marketing materials, which can help you win more projects
Compared to some 3D design software packages, SketchUp is relatively affordable; there’s a variety of subscription plans enabling you to choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
If you buy locally you save!
Buying from Australia also has its benefits.
- You can pay in Aussie dollars, saving you the hassle of converting currencies,
- you can claim the GST back if you’re an Australian business, and
- you have access to local support as we mentioned earlier.
SketchUp can also be used in many ways in the building, civil and surveying industries, including.
- Creating 3D models of buildings, bridges, and roads to visualise designs and communicate them to clients and colleagues
- Generating construction drawings, such as floor plans, elevations, and sections, to save time and money on construction projects
- Creating high-quality marketing materials, such as renderings, animations, and flythroughs, to promote products and services to potential clients.
Overall, SketchUp is a powerful 3D design software that is cost-effective for any business, it’s easy to learn and use, and can be used in a lot of industries.
In Australia, we offer a range of support services to SketchUp users, including training, technical support, and consulting.
For all your SketchUp needs, take a look through our website. From here you can chat with one of our technical advisors, visit the helpdesk, and even try SketchUp for free.